Instant Video Streaming for Android Smartphones and Tablets
The MX 1101 Android player allows viewers with Android smartphones and tablets to watch live TV and VOD instantly. Viewers have complete access to IPTV packages they subscribed to. Operators can enhance their IPTV services by offering multi-screen streaming on IP set top boxes, PC players, smartphones, and mobile tablets.
Watch Videos Optimized for Android Devices
MatrixStream’s IPTV platform is optimized to stream videos to multiple devices with different screen sizes. Once an Android device is connected to the backend, the backend can identify the device and stream the video optimized for that device. The MX 1101 Android player fully supports live TV, VOD, and videos recorded using MatrixStream‘s MDVR (Multi-Screen Digital Video Recorder) feature.
Parental Control and Optimized Electronic Programming Guide (EPG)
Both Android smartphones and tablets can access the EPG using an optimize user interface specifically designed for the Android OS. Each viewer can access live TV, VOD, and MDVR EPG. Parental controls are enabled on Android devices. When a change to a parental control is made, it becomes immediately effective on all the devices whether it is PC, STB, or mobile viewers.
The MX 1101 Android player supports adaptive streaming. Based on each viewer’s available bandwidth, IMX streaming servers will optimize the viewing quality for that viewer. When a viewer has higher available bandwidth, a higher-quality video is provided as opposed to a viewer with a lower bandwidth. The entire IPTV system is optimized to give each viewer the best viewing experience based on available bandwidth.
Multi-Screen viewing with IPTV Ecosystem
The MX 1101 Android player is fully integrated with the entire MatrixStream IPTV ecosystem, enabling seamless access for viewers. IPTV viewers can watch any video, whether on live TV channels or VOD, on devices from large HDTVs, PCs, smartphones, and tablets.
Management – MX 1100 PC players are managed by IMX M2200 middleware servers. Operators manage all aspects of the IPTV system and the PC players through the Web-based management interface.
Authentication – Authentication including user password login. Membership database using localDB SQL or remoteDB SQL support. Automatic denial of user sharing of accounts. User logs are saved in XML format for futher data mining and management.
Electronic Program Guide – The EPG gude is cached locally on the client to reduce traffic to the server. EPG guide is updated automatically. Any EPG update is real-time and controlled by the IMX M2200 middleware servers.
Multilingual Support – The IMX 1100 PC player has built-in multilingual support. All the menus on the EPG can easily be changed to another language, including full double-byte support for languages such as Japanese or Chinese.
Content Security – The MX 1100 PC viewer supports the built-in MatrixCrypt encryption protocol. MX 1100 also supports Windows Media DRM. In addition, the MX 1100 is capable of supporting other 3rd party DRM system with additional NRE fee.
High Performance – The IMX MatrixCast streaming system is highly efficient in delivering HD videos over the Internet. As long as there are enough bandwidth available, the IMX MatrixCast system will deliver the videos seamlessly over the IP network. It is recommended that users have 3 times of the total amount of video stream
bandwidth available. For example, a 500 kbps video should have at least 1.5 mbps of bandwidth available.
Server Support – The MX 1100 PC player works seamlessly with rest of the IMX IPTV servers. MX 1100 works with IMX M2200 middleware servers. MX 1100 supports IMX i2410/X1i and IMX v2420/X1v MatrixCast streaming servers. The MX 1100 is fully capable of receiving live TV streaming from IPTV Processors such as the IMX e4090.
Video/Audio Codec Support – The MX 1100 player supports the following H.264, MPEG 4 Part 10, and HEVC video codec and AC3/AAC multichannel 5.1 digital sound via MatrixCast streaming protocol. Additionally, the MX 1100 can support other video and audio codecs such as the Windows Media codec that has been installed on the PC.
Firewall Friendly – The MX 1100 is firewall-friendly. Please make sure the following ports are open: Port 80, Port 8080, and Port 7139.
Hardware and OS Specifications
Android Smartphone Low Quality Streaming
- Android phones with 600 Mhz CPU or higher
- Android 2.1 and higher
- Broadband speed 1 Mbps+
Android Smartphone and Tablet High Quality Streaming
- Android phones or Tablet with 1 Ghz CPU or higher
- Android 2.3 for phone or Android 3.0 for tablet and higher
- Broadband speed 1.5 Mbps+
The IMX solution solves the online piracy problem by creating an easy method to protect and securely distribute digital content on the internet. The IMX solution provides sophisticated reporting and tracking so content providers can develop a one-to-one relationship with their user base. Features include:
- Multi-layer Security
- Authentication and AES encryption
- Built-in MatrixCast Streaming encryption supprot. Third party DRM support optional
- Membership security
- Distance Learning – Teachers can offer students live video learning or on-demand educational videos. n Ethnic Content Foreign-born nationals can watch movies and news from their countries anywhere right over the Internet.
- Campus Entertainment – Students on campus can view taped lectures, movies, and sporting events over the campus IP network.
- Multi-Site Corporate Training – Corporations can provide high quality video training to customers and employees over their existing broadband IP network.
- Hospitality – Hotels can offer HD IPTV to guests over their in-room TVs. IPTV servers allow visitors to access a huge library of videos.
- Multi Dwelling – Apartment complexes can offer HD live TV and VOD IPTV services to all the renters.
- Localized Content – Local service providers can offer local events on-demand to subscribers over the Internet. Events such as local town hall meetings, high school football games, and basketball games can now be available over the Internet live or on-demand.