IPTV Streaming, Cloud DVR and VOD Optimized
The X1s is optimized to support cloud DVR and VOD storage. Once enabled, viewers can record their favoritie TV shows on the cloud on the IMX X1s storage servers. The cloud DVR feature allows IPTV operators to provide DVR service without requiring viewers to need local hard drives in their IPTV set top boxes. By having complete control over the cloud storage, IPTV operators are able to provide a more secure IPTV system to minimize video piracy. In addition to cloud DVR support, X1s controller is optimized for VOD storage and streaming.
Hardware Redundancy for High Availability and Performance
Each X1s comes with two fully redundant controllers. Each unit comes with four 10 Gbe ports for 40 Gbps of throughput. The X1s comes with four CPUs, 384 GB of memory, dual power supplies, dual SAS controllers for add-on expansion, and ultra fast SSDs based on PCIe architecture.
Video Data Replication for Multiple POP Support
The X1s storage server is designed to work with the rest of the MatrixStream IPTV ecosystem to provide videos to local subscribers. Each X1s has built-in intelligence to replicate unique video data from other X1s servers. This enables subscribers to stream videos from servers at their local POP (Point of Presence) rather than from servers at a more distant location. The video files are automatically synced among different POPs once a video file is uploaded into the IPTV system and permission is granted for data replication. The result is a better viewer IPTV experience and bandwidth savings across the entire IPTV network.
MatrixCast Streaming Optimized
The X1s storage server is optimized to work with MatrixStream’s patented MatrixCast streaming technology. The MatrixCast streaming technology allows viewers to watch low bitrate high quality HD videos over the Internet or over OTT networks.
The MatrixStream IPTV system can support unlimited VOD videos and cloud DVR storage. Each X1s head controller comes with initial massive amount of storage space. Operators can expand the total storage by adding up to two 4U X1t disk drive array per X1s head controller. Each X1t is capable of supporting up to 692 TB of storage space. With one X1s and two X1t units, operators can get up to 1.562 petabytes of storage. If even more storage space is needed, operators just need to add additional X1s with additional 4U X1t storage arrays.
The X1s has data de-duplication capabilities built-in where it maintains a single copy of the video file to best optimize storage use. It will automatically eliminate unnecessary copies of the same video file across the IPTV system.
Tiered Storage for High Speed Video Access
The X1s supports tiered storage for high speed video access. This allows IPTV operators to offer the fastest performance for VOD access while minimizing the total IPTV head-end cost. IPTV operators will have the option to configure the IMX X1s storage servers based on their budget and access speed requirements.
MatrixCloud Enterprise Storage Solution Features
- Customers will get the MatrixCloud storage rack that’s fully pre-configured and wired
- Solution is fully redundant on the rack level
- Customers can save time and money on installation and configuration
- Storage controller head unit has 4 separate nodes for redundancy and performance
- Storage head controller unit and JBOD units are connected via 100 Gbps ports
- Each 100 Gbps ports can break out to 4x 25 Gbps ports
MatrixCloud Storage Solution Rack Configurations
- MatrixCloud Storage Starter Rack Solution – 388.8 TB Raw with approximately 128 TB usable
- MatrixCloud Storage Half Rack Solution – 777.6 TB Raw with approximately 256 TB usable
- MatrixCloud Storage Full Rack Solution – 1,555.2 TB Raw with approximately 256 TB usable
- Fully integrate with MatrixCloud X1s for remote VOD/DVR deployment
- Customers can expand from Starter Solution to Half Rack Solution to Full Rack Solution
MatrixCloud X1s Remote Storage Server
- Designed for remote location deployment
- Save bandwidth by localizing video traffic to remote locations
- Cost saving vs. enterprise rack deployment
- Automatic synchronization with enterprise storage head-end
- Approximately 50.16 TB raw or 16 TB usable
- Expandable up to additional 128 TB usable storage with JBOD add-ons
- Can support add-on of 2x 4U JBOD units
- Each JBOD unit has 192 TB raw or approximately 64 TB usable